Zourkhaneh Experience in Yazd
Discover the heroic spirit of Ancient Persia and spice up your Iran exploration with a lot of fun on this tour of a Zourkhaneh (ancient Persian gym) in Yazd. As the club that used to train strong and modest warriors, a Zourkhaneh will connect you to the roots of Persian culture and give you a taste of Persian chivalry, heroism and athleticism. On this tour, you’ll watch Pahlavani rituals (intangible UNESCO heritage as the longest-running form of heroic training) and lend your ears to the charming sound of Zourkhaneh’s epic music.
What you’ll Experience:
- Observing Zourkhaneh rituals and courtesies
- Watching traditional sportive performances
- Learning about Zourkhaneh equipment and how to use them
- Listening to Zourkhaneh music and songs of epic, legend and spirituality
- Maybe stepping into the Gowd (the exercise area) and experiencing the traditional heroic exercise